Let’s face it, it’s not always easy to make time for ourselves. Other pressing responsibilities are always there, but we all deserve a little “me time” every now and then.
If you’re ready to get some much-deserved R&R but you’re not sure what to do with your free time, here are a few of our favorite luxurious ways to pamper yourself!
Get a massage
Massages are offered by spas, health clubs, physical therapy clinics, chiropractic clinics, hospitals, and other businesses. You can even get a massage at the Portland airport before your flight! There are also many great massage therapy spas throughout Beaverton and Portland that provide an extra relaxing environment with luxurious amenities like calming decor, aromatherapy, and refreshments.
There are several different types of massage, so if you’re looking for something specific, make sure you choose a place that employs a licensed massage therapists with expertise in the type you want. Different massage techniques include:
- Swedish massage: a traditional, gentle massage to help with soreness and stress
- Deep tissue massage: focuses on deeper layers of tissue to address muscle damage from injury
- Sports massage: specifically geared toward athletes and vigorous exercisers
- Trigger point massage: targets specific areas of tightness that can cause pain in other parts of the body
- Prenatal massage: uses special support cushions and techniques for pregnancy
Get a relaxing facial (and the best skin of your life)
Getting a facial is one of the first things people think about when it comes to pampering, and for good reason! Not only are facials a wonderful opportunity to lie back, close your eyes, and enjoy some quiet time in a calming environment, but you also get to walk out with softer, more youthful-looking skin!
At Celebrity Med Spa in Beaverton, we’ve helped thousands of clients look and feel amazing while addressing stubborn skin issues like wrinkles, acne, rosacea, sun spots, and more. Facials we offer include:
- HydraFacial: a 30-minute treatment that instantly firms, smooths, and tightens while eliminating wrinkles, sunspots, and rough patches
- Obagi Facial: improves the look of your skin with exfoliation, deep cleaning, and moisturization with medical grade products that help with everything from acne to melasma
- Photofacial: uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL™) to rejuvenate your skin and reduce sun damage, rosacea, and other causes of redness and broken capillaries
One of the benefits of our process is that we offer free consultation appointments, so you can talk to our professionals about the experience and results you’re looking for. No matter what facial treatments you choose, we provide an amazing pampering experience where you can get the most advanced, high-tech treatments in a luxurious spa environment.
Plan an at-home spa day
Feel like pampering yourself in the comfort of your own home? All you need is a little planning, creativity, and a few of your favorite personal care products.
When you’ve planned a few hours of free time, the easiest way to stay on track is to make a spa activity schedule — or at least a rough list. Here’s an example of how it could look:
- Turn on your favorite music.
- If you like scented candles, go ahead and light some!
- Grab a fluffy robe, slippers, and some soft towels.
- Start a cup of your favorite tea or herbal infusion.
- Do a deep conditioning hair treatment and wash your hair after.
- Take a warm oatmeal bath.
- Do a gentle face mask (and don’t forget to moisturize when you’re done!).
- Do a foot soak while you give yourself a DIY manicure.
- Spend some quiet time reading a book. Or take a nap!
Take a weekend trip
Sometimes you just need a change of scenery and a little time off! You might decide to round up some friends or family members to join you, or maybe you prefer to travel solo.
You could rent a cozy beach house, take a ski trip to Mt. Hood, or get a room in a fancy hotel across town and order room service. Whatever you want — this trip is all about you!
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, look into places like Edgefield in Troutdale. It’s a fun place to stay if you’re looking for a low-key spa experience but you also want to fill your weekend with other activities. Not only does Edgefield have a spa and soaking pool, it also has lodging, a golf course, a movie theater, and plenty of restaurants and bars.
Treat yourself when you achieve a goal
Why not pamper yourself and motivate yourself at the same time?
Most experts say that the most useful rewards are ones that help motivate you to continue working toward your goals. For example, treating yourself to your favorite latte every time you meet your workout goal for the week is a recurring positive reinforcement that helps encourage you to keep at it each week.
Your reward could be anything that feels rewarding, healthy, and motivating for you! It’s also helpful if it’s something you don’t usually do or don’t often have time for. Here are some ideas for ways to reward yourself for meeting incremental goals:
- Buy (or make) your favorite coffee or tea drink
- Spend a couple hours on your favorite hobby
- Watch a fun or interesting documentary
- Go to your favorite restaurant with friends or loved ones
- Take a half-day trip to the beach with a good book
- Sign up for a yoga or meditation class
- Any of the other suggestions in this post!
Invest in things that make you look and feel your best
Whether it’s a full 8-hour spa day or 15 minutes on the porch with a cup of coffee, the best way to paper yourself is to make time for the things that make you happy. Someone else’s favorite pampering activity might be different than yours — it’s all about what allows you to feel relaxed, healthy, and confident.
Maybe that means…
- Getting your hair professionally cut and/or styled
- Having your eyebrows threaded
- Signing up for that class you’ve been longing to try
- Expressing yourself through journaling or art
- Spending time in the evening to choose an outfit for tomorrow that makes you feel great
- Buying that fancy espresso maker
At Celebrity Med Spa, we love helping our clients look and feel their best with treatments like:
- Laser hair removal to get rid of hair anywhere on the body that you don’t want
- Cosmetic injectables to turn back the clock and reverse signs of aging
- Cellulite reduction for tighter skin and a smoother silhouette
If you’re interested in learning more about how our treatments work or which one is right for you, contact us to book your initial consultation today. We’d love to talk you through your options and help you get the most out of any pampering activity you choose!